These were accepted.
Report from Computing Executive Group
The second Operational meeting of October has been CANCELLED. All are instead encouraged to attend the UniDesk demo (bookable through myed).
Reports from units.
The Forum power down has been confirmed for the 6th of November. There will be a separate meeting called to discuss this.
A "what to do when things go wrong" document is being prepared, and will be posted downstairs in due course.
Contact the inf-unit while Toby is away, and we'll look into it.
The "pandemic" question was raised. George will note to CEG that Prometheus should be added to the pandemic list next time it's revised.
Stephen noted that tomorrow's "stable" release could be used, with some openldap tweaks, but it would be better to wait for next week's if possible.
Stephen proposed the end of October as the date by which the "devel" bucket should be reviewed and RPMs moved to world/uoe/inf as appropriate. He'll be circulating lists shortly, which all should review and act on.
Neil noted that ICCS would be changing their name soon. Database-generated things might Just Work, but there might be other issues which RaT would need to keep an eye out for.
Craig proposed marking non-Solaris day in some way.
This item prompted some discussion...
Topics for discussion
The October 27th meeting has been CANCELLED. All are encouraged to attend the UniDesk demo instead.
The next Operational meeting will be on Wednesday 10th November in room 4.31.
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh