These were accepted.
There has been slight progress: we have heard back from Keith Nicol that we can have test accounts, but that IMAP isn't going to be supported by the centre.
Graham has a few enhancements which he is going to add to the script.
Toby has received some comments, and will now fold these into the diagram. Action amended.
Both on the MP-unit list
Blog articles suggested:
Report from Computing Executive Group
Reports from units
Toby will review the situation in March. Deferred action.
There was some disquiet as to the number of unexpected SSIDs showing up on the scanning device in the atrium, particularly as to how our (and EdLAN's) security might be affected. Alastair will add this to his list of things for Dave R. Inf-unit will try to find the source of the more worrying ones.
The scanning AP's list is being included in the nightly report for the Forum, right at the end so that it's easy to find. To query it from a shell, do:
rfe -xl core/scan.ap
It is essential that we get rid of old kernels with security holes as soon as possible. ALL to review and act.
There was a general feeling that there shouldn't be a stable release in the week of the 19th, just before the Christmas break, unless some issue made it necessary.
There haven't been any more instances. The plan is to do a firmware upgrade at the same time as the SL6 upgrade to the AFS servers. Affected users will be notified in advance.
There are two different exams running at the same time on the 18th. This was tested at the last round of mock exams, and so no issues are expected.
That the AT server-room power-down hadn't affected us was due to the "submission" machine being in the Forum. The following points were made in the discussion:
Topics for discussion
We should do this more widely. It may be mandated from on high. All to think about how and where.
Much discussion. No conclusion.
These should be progressing. An item for reports will be added to the next Operational meeting's agenda.
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 12th December at 10:00 in IF-4.31. This will be the last meeting of the year.
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh