These were accepted.
US to document how to setup access to the printer web interfaces using tunnelling/authenticated proxy. Done - see wiki page
George to investigate adding wireshark.
Alison has emailed COs about nag scripts and has received 2 replies. We will make the default behaviour for all queues to send an email to the unit when a new ticket is created in the queue and when an existing ticket is moved to the queue. If Units would like all members of the Unit to receive a copy of all email going to tickets in their queue, let Alison know - this will NOT be the default behaviour.
Alison still to email ITPF asking if a) it's a problem for anyone else and b) what methods other COs use. Continue to send Alison 'workarounds'.
A couple of people should go along to the UniDesk What's New sessions.
Considered complete from an Operational point of view but MPU will create project if they haven't already done so.
Blog articles completed:
Report from Computing Executive Group
There will be a project allocation meeting this afternoon.
Reports from units
Action added to remind people to add swapped out kit to the Parked kit wiki page.
This resulted in some large profile rebuilds so George asked that a deferred action be created to review the ipaddrs_*.h and wire_*.h headers.
Neil commented that it would be useful to have a table to work on in the AT server room and that the 'lid' over the emergency red button is no longer there.
RAT were asked the reason for having 3 versions of python. 2.6 is the system version, 3.3 is the latest, all-singing, all-dancing version and 2.7 is needed for various other software.
Topics for discussion
Everyone agreed that they were worthwhile and provided a good opportunity to work as a group. We discussed whether the groups were too big but on balance agreed that they were about the right size.
It was a good idea to work in seemingly random groups although Alastair explained that the selection had been made to certain criteria e.g. spread Units around, Unit Heads in different groups, CSOs in different groups.
Everyone agreed that they are worth doing again so the suggestion was to start the process off in January, concluding in March with a similar demonstration meeting in March. We concluded that 2 days is a reasonable amount of time but 1 or 3 days would also be acceptable.
It was agreed that the groups should be randomised again but the suggestion to have one group consisting entirely of Unit heads didn't go down too well - at least with CEG members!
We should create a 'wacky-wiki' where we can add innovation ideas throughout the year. This might help to reduce the time taken to choose an innovation topic.
After some discussion, it was agreed that we should retain support tickets for as long as possible. We don't feel that they contain significant personal data other than name and email address. George, Alison and Chris will write an appropriate statement. Alison will discuss the retention of ISSRT tickets with Neil McGillivray. They are likely to contain more detailed personal information including information about past students and applicants.
AOCBNeil reminded everyone about drinks on Friday 26th. Venue to be arranged later.
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 8th May at 10am in IF-4.31, chaired by Craig.
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh