This meeting was delayed for a week because so many of us were away at Linuxcon.
These were accepted.
Liz, Dave and Dave H were informed of this issue but it would appear that the final decision on who can have a key for the bollards rests with security. This action is deferred for a month to allow security to respond.
It was agreed that this should be removed and this has now happened. This action is now complete.
MPU now done. RAT, US still ongoing.
The one remaining installation on homepages has been updated (though a newer version of Wordpress has subsequently been released). This action is now complete.
The outcome of these cogitations will be discussed at the next operational meeting.
Document updated. Alison will circulate.
All resources identified for scanning have been scanned at least once. Work still needed on how to handle results etc. Neil will look into the possibility of scraping the results web site.
B.03 is much clearer. This action is now complete.
The wiki page has now been created. Alison will mail location to computing staff.
Taken to Dave who feels a power down isn't sufficient cause to evacuate the building. This action is now complete.
action changed to "Discuss dhcpd component changes". Once the desired changes have been identified, they will be taken to the LCFG deployer's meeting for comment. This action is deferred for three months.
Blog articles suggested:
Blog articles completed:
Report from Computing Executive Group
Reports from units
For those not in the know, Nemo is a fork of Nautilus found on Fedora machines.
To address the problem of the NX server constantly running out of disk space, the simplest solution will be to use some SAN space or even a USB disk.
It was suggested that when new AFS home directories are created, they should be set up with a structure which clearly separates public and private data. Services Unit will investigate.
Topics for discussion
Agreed that this would be a good idea though it should be emphasised that this directory is a repository of useful utilities which can be copied to an individual's bin directory, not something which should be added to a user's path directly. Toby/Graham will set up
As an aside to this, it was pointed out that other than in exceptional circumstances, scripts intended for a general audience should always be packaged up.
Looks like this will be in Howies on the 13th of December.
It was agreed that it would be a good idea to introduce a pool of machines to act as NX servers, This will avoid issues with machines in labs going to sleep.
Iain has some information from Linuxcon available on his blog.
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 13th November in IF-4.31 at 10:00.
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh