These were accepted.
Neil, Alison, Toby and Graham to meet on 11/12/13.
Not complete - see Services Report
Blocked on RT#63797
Alison will discuss with Ian
Toby to arrange meeting of interested parties
deferred until March - need to sort out management of test devices
Increased frequency to be implemented
On hold until cluster isn't being used
Done - he's fine with it
Blog articles suggested:
Blog articles completed:
Report from Computing Executive Group
Reports from units
Topics for discussion
There was some discussion on what purpose the service catalogue should actually serve, There was general agreement that the ITIL definition of a service catalogue (a publicly accessible list of services available) didn't match our needs which tend more to a means of recording dependencies between services. One very useful feature would be to provide some sort of link between servers and the roles they fulfil. It was decided that we need a clearer picture of what the service catalogue should be and to that end, an action has been created for all computing staff to add possible usage cases for the services catalogue to the end of the brain storm page by the second meeting in January 2014.
There was a great deal of discussion about which services should, and should not be added to the pandemic planning page. I t became clear that the original purpose of the pandemic exercise had been forgotten. Craig will update the pandemic page with this information and we will revisit the question of which services require pandemic coverage in light of this.
Recently, there has been an increase in the number of groups requesting a Wordpress instantiation. Though this is not technically difficult to do, Wordpress is one of the major targets for those seeking to compromise our machines and as more and more instantiations are set up, it becomes harder and harder to ensure that they are all fully patched. After some discussion, during which it was agreed that we should not prevent groups using Wordpress if they wish to do so, it was agreed that Neil would investigate ways in which Wordpress might be managed more efficiently.
The next meeting will be on 15th January 2014 in IF-4.31 at 10:00.
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh