These were accepted.
A reminder to ALL to keep going with those "pandemic" actions!
Re-defer Toby's action on mobile devices and authentication until June.
Moved action for Inf to chase IS to current.
Moved action for Alison to chase Jim about www.anc to current.
Toby explained that this had been quite difficult to do but he couldn't see anything obviously unusual.
Done and Alison has created wiki page
Blog articles suggested:
Report from Computing Executive Group
Reports from units
If you happen to bombarded with unexpected nagios reports, please let the Inf Unit know.
Units have until Friday 16th May to let Toby know of any entitlements that should not persist for the length of a user's grace period.
The script has now been fixed so could all Units attend to any updaterpms problems with their machines.
Graham pointed out that 8.4 is not going away but it may be wise to upgrade soon as it is reaching end of life.
Ian asked whether we recommend Wordpress or whether users are just actively keen to use it and how drupal fits in. Gordon explained that the intention is to use the IS drupal service when this becomes available but as we already run Wordpress this is an option that we can offer for now.
Topics for discussion
The proposals in Graham and Toby's document were accepted but confirmation should also be sought from the remaining Unit Heads.
It was also suggested that a central page on using and maintaining rfe would be useful.
The proposal to extend the use of the portal to all users was agreed but will be taken to CEG for final approval.
In summary, we are all to document what we have configured so far. Concern was expressed that there is not much time to prepare demonstrations for the meeting so Alison will ask Craig to clarify the purpose and format of the meeting.
Although there is an Ipad and a Nexus 7 available for COs to use, we agreed that it would not be appropriate to use personal accounts to download so we need to confirm whether there is a suitable account we can use. Toby offered to look at authentication.
The next meeting will be on 28th May 2014 at 10:00 in IF-4.31, chaired by Alison.
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh