Action list needs some clarification. Awaiting some further answers. Support have created a wiki page which is still 'work in progress'.
Alison has added a little more but not complete.
George arranged this. It was suggested that we use this month's TDM to answer the questions raised before arranging dates.
Ian created a blog post after the meeting. Old configurations will be turned off on Monday 2nd November.
Alison has spoken to Pim. The completion of the move to Wordpress is imminent.
Actions added or revived:
MPU/Inf to meet to discuss points raised in section 6 of Inf Unit report.
Ian pointed out that rack space in the Forum is particularly tight.
See Inf Unit report. Deferred for 1 year.
Initial trawl complete. Defer for 6 months.
See Inf Unit report.
Now redundant. See Stephen's regular emails entitled "SL6 old kernels", most recent sent Monday 12th October.
Roger mailed LCFG list but no responses. Consider action complete.
Blog articles suggested:
Report from Computing Executive Group
Reports from Units
Please pick up the new OpenVPN configurations. The deadline for turning off the old configuration is 2nd November.
Webots license needs renewal. Will need to wait until Graham returns. Need to check Sicstus Prolog too.
Topics for discussion
There was discussion about lunchtime vs evening option. We discussed the issues with holding the 'event' on an exam day and came to the conclusion that this should be avoided. Neil is to send out a doodle poll asking for lunch/evening preferences and availability. Subsequent to the meeting, Alison established that the exam timetable is due to be published on 29th October.
Mohammed's first blog is to announce Mac Office 2016.
Should wake be available everywhere ? There is a version in CO/utils - should it be in /usr/bin ? Should it go in CO desktop or is there a more suitable place ? There are places it should not be available e.g. ssh servers. It was agreed that this should be checked with Chris.
Although all the documentation for YFS is available on computing.help, there were a few incorrect links. These were corrected after the meeting and the old page referring to AFS-client for Windows has been un-published.
The next meeting will be on 28th October 2015 at 10:00 in the Forum (4.31). Alison will convene.
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh