These were accepted as a reasonable account of the last meeting.
Inf and Services also believed done. Just RAT and US to complete.
Only RAT-unit machine
dufferin seemed to be a potential
issue this time around. RAT will check it.
Actions added or revived:
dufferin's rootmail (from the "minimise rootmail" recurrent deferred action).
bioboy. Needs wiped and then removed from the racks.
Report from Computing Executive Group
Reports from Units
Alastair reminded everyone to try to reduce the noise in the LCFG status reports, as this had masked the presence of this bug.
It was decided that the final <stable> release of the year should be in the morning of Thursday 17th.
Still the AFSDB servers to be upgraded.
There's a question over how, or indeed whether, a "credit limit" applies: if a user doesn't have enough credit to pay for all the pages in a print job, is it printed anyway and they end up with a negative credit level, or is it rejected as being too big? Being followed up.
"bioboy" might belong to RAT or US. They'll sort it out between them.
The "security week" discussions might like to consider whether to run iptables more widely on servers.
These had been suspended as users were apparently having too many problems. However MPU and RAT weren't aware of this, hadn't heard of problems, and were rather surprised. Other than LaTeX, there do seem to have been some RT tickets. US will review these and pass them to MPU for comment and/or action.
Topics for discussion
There was quite a bit of discussion, not limited to FRB issues:
It was decided not to hold a meeting on 23rd December, so the next meeting will be on 13th January 2016 at 10:00 in IF-4.31.
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh