These were accepted as a reasonable account of the last meeting.
Change action to 'Document SL7 KVM migration issues' e.g. once migrated to sl7 a guest can't be migrated back to sl6 or indeed migrated in sl7.
All Units to edit roles as required. Support have identified a few.
Meeting scheduled for 18th Aug, 10am, 1F-1.15.
WIll be rolled into the sl7 upgrades
Stephen has sent out list. Support will investigate the non-CO machines.
Documented as far as possible for now. To be deferred for 3 months to allow Ian to investigate NUT further.
Actions added or revived:
Deferred until November.
See wiki page
Blog articles suggested:
Blog articles completed:
Report from Computing Executive Group
Reports from Units
Topics for discussion
Craig to write blog on changes to printing/pcounter.
Ian suggested that it might be helpful to have an SL7 question and answer wiki page. It was agreed that this would be helpful and Chris will take this to MPU meeting.
Neil reminded everyone that from today all new accounts will use EASE (AD) authentication for eduroam.
The next meeting will be on Wed 24th August 2016 at 10:00 in IF-4.31, chaired by Craig.
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh