White dot for spacing only
The Dice Project


Operational Meeting

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 9th January 2019 in IF-4.31

Present:
Ross Armstrong, Richard Bell, Neil Brown, Chris Cooke (Documentation Tzar), Carol Dow, Alison Downie, Ian Durkacz, Jennifer Oxley, Iain Rae, George Ross (convener and minutes), Alastair Scobie, Craig Strachan
  1. Minutes of the last meeting

    These were approved.

  2. Actions and blog articles

    Actions discussed:

    Actions added or revived:

    Actions (re-)deferred:

    Actions completed:

  3. Report from Computing Executive Group

    1. Keeping the server rooms tidy

      A reminder that all of our server rooms must be kept tidy.

    2. CCPAG report
      • The authentication project has kicked off, though it'll only be looking at EASE-authenticated web sites, password strength checking, and a cosign replacement. Colin Higgs is the CSE rep. Apparently an outside consultancy is involved.
      • It looks as though it'll be another year before the Windows 10 rollout is complete.
      • David Stewart (EE) is the CSE rep for the IDM project.
      • Some other Schools have been looking at Globus endpoints. We should perhaps do so too, to see what it might offer us.
      • IS are developing a "major incident plan" to cover inter alia communication during an incident such as the recent EdLAN problems. There's a concern that it might be a bit heavyweight.
  4. Reports from Units

  5. Topics for discussion

    1. Pandemic planning
      • Infrastructure's and Services's areas are covered. User Support are happy. RAT and MPU will let Craig know of any changes.
      • ALL to check their pages and update as required by the end of February. The "last updated" heading will be changed to "last checked".
      • Meantime Craig will work on the "who interested" list of names. There are a few to be removed, and all will be lower-cased pending refamiliarisation with the documentation.
    2. New degree phd roles — this was held over pending the Roles Supremo's presence.
  6. Items for the Computing Systems blog
  7. AOCB

  8. Next meeting

    The next meeting will be on Wednesday 23rd January 2019 in IF-4.31 at 10:00 (assuming this isn't rescheduled to avoid a clash with the General Meeting).


 : Operational : Meetings 

Mini Informatics Logo - Link to Main Informatics Page
Please contact us with any comments or corrections.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright The University of Edinburgh
Spacing Line